Ezra spotted the wild koala.
Before we knew what was happening kids were pouring out of vans, hopping excitedly and pointing. Sure enough, right by the road was a koala in mid climb. He looked as surprised to see us as we were to see him!
Our buddies, the Rickards, have been talking for weeks about taking us out for a “Bush Party” and today was the day.
We had a blast:
- The boys played cricket
- We ate a ridiculous amount of meat
- Babies splashed in mud puddles
- We roasted marshmallows
- Hannah played us some music
- One head was split open with a rock (a Rickard boy, not a Miller boy this time)
- Footballs were tossed (American style)
- Fun was had by all
A second koala snoozed in a gum tree overhead and supervised the festivities when he woke up, munching a leaf or two. We forgot to offer him a marshmallow.
We took some pictures for you, and a video… in which a Rickard boy tells a koala joke your children should be able to get some mileage out of with their friends!