November 27, 2012 in Inspiration
Think about your morning routine:
What do you do?
- You get out of bed and head to the bathroom, where you have a flush toilet
- You wash your hands and face
- Then you make some coffee or tea
- You perhaps start your dishwasher to clean yesterday’s dishes
- You give your kids a bath and watch them splash with a duckie
- You turn on the sprinkler and water your grass
- You fill your pets water dish
All of this before breakfast.
Central to all of these activities: clean water.
What if you didn’t have clean water?
According to Water.org…
- 780 million people lack access to clean water… that’s 2.5 times the population of the entire United States.
- More than 3.4 million people die each year from water, sanitation, and hygiene-related causes.
- “[The water and sanitation] crisis claims more lives through disease than any war claims through guns.”
- More people have a mobile phone than a toilet.
Can you imagine?
Clean water is central to health and life on this planet and 780 million people don’t have it?
What are we going to do about that?
What are we, as individuals going to do about that?
“What can I do?” You ask, “I live in Ohio, I can’t go dig a well in Haiti.”
What if I told you that you could, virtually, by supporting people who are getting the job done?
Sometimes the best way to solve a problem is not by reinventing the wheel and going in person, sometimes the best way is to give a few bucks to the people who’ve already got a good solution up and running and let their people on the ground get the job done faster and cheaper than we could ever do it as individuals.
We could do that.
Passports With A Purpose
Passports With A Purpose is an organization that mobilizes travel bloggers and others in the travel community to leverage their online presence for the greater good.
This year, we’re all throwing our weight behind the worthy cause of digging wells in deserving communities to provide clean water for some of the 780 million who don’t have it.
We’re rallying our troops (you!) to reach into their pockets during the holiday season and give a gift that matters far more than anything you could tuck under your tree in pretty paper: Water, for mothers, fathers and children around the world.What would you give up to provide fresh water for your kids?
- Your fast food budget for a week?
- Coffee at the drive through for a week?
- The electricity usage for your outdoor Christmas lights?
- The candy in your Christmas stocking?
- Would you wear your old winter boots this year instead of buying new ones?
- Would you be willing to skip your annual Christmas movie date?
- If your kids could drink clean water for life would you eat just rice for two nights in a row for dinner instead of the meat and veggies you regularly serve?
One of the cool things that Passports With A Purpose does, is give away prizes. Everyone who donates is eligible to win one of a whole lot of very cool, very valuable prizes.
My friend Nancy and I have decided to donate a seat in the Spring 2013 edition of our Dream: Reboot course as an incentive.
It’s a $500 value, and here’s what you’ll get:
- One seat in the Spring 2013 Dream: Reboot Our very exclusive Dream: Reboot: 12 Weeks to Making a New Reality is a 3-month boot camp in the art of dreaming big dreams and the science of making them come true.
- Three months’ worth of personal coaching and our efforts and attention focused on YOUR dream The tools you need to demystify living the life of your dreams
- The connections with the right people who can help you forward if you want it badly enough
- The encouragement of working with others who have made it happen, time after time
- Our 100% commitment to YOU living YOUR dream
- Nancy Vogel and Jenn will spend three months throwing all of their weight behind your dream, helping you define it, break it down, and achieve it.
- Just 12 weeks could define your new reality!
Will you join us?
Thank you so much to the 2012 Sponsors. It’s nice to know there are a few big businesses out there who still care, isn’t it?